What is Electronics Recycling?
Within the last three decades, the increasingly widespread use of computers, cell phones, tablets, and Android devices has created the need for a specialist industry: Electronics recycling. Simply put, electronics recycling is a multi-step process that involves the shredding of data and stored personal information, the destruction of the equipment, and the recycling of reusable components and materials. Since the 1990s, e-recycling has been practiced worldwide as a way to dispose of unused electronics, provide commercial/personal data protection and reuse/repurpose electronics components and materials.
In e-recycling, electronics are disassembled, and all data removed and shredded to ensure privacy. Reusable components are then recovered and separated for repurposing and recycling. These include materials such as plastics, metals, and glass, as well as precious metals such as platinum, palladium, silver, and gold — rare metals that are especially sought after in a variety of today’s industries. While many of these materials are reused in electronics manufacturing, they’re also used in other industries as well.
ELECTRONICS RECYCLING SERVICES
Through our innovative computer recycling methodologies, we offer the most secure and reliable end-of-life practices in the industry. Our state-of-the-art technology shreds and separates material and other proprietary products into two-inch pieces.
Our certified processes meet NIST 800-88 for secure destruction of data containing devices. View the complete list of recyclable electronic items that we accept.
How Our Electronics Recycling Services Can Help Your Business
- Our e-recycling services provide you with privacy and data protection by shredding important proprietary information so it doesn’t get into the wrong hands.
- Our electronics recycling services help your company be EPA-compliant and eco-friendly.
- Electronics scrap recycling helps eliminate hazardous waste, toxins, and carcinogens that would otherwise enter the atmosphere — and in particular, landfills and waterways.
- We’ll safely dispose of all your unwanted electronics devices, so you and your staff won’t have to take time away from work to deal with them.
- By trusting us with your company’s electronics recycling, you can rest assured that Adam’s Cable Equipment will maintain the highest data protection and safety standards.
- By using our electronics recycling services, you’re reducing your company’s carbon footprint, while reusing and repurposing all recyclable materials in responsible ways.
At Adams Cable Equipment, we’ll responsibly dispose of your company’s electronic waste so that you and your team won’t have to worry about it. In addition, you’ll have greater peace of mind in knowing that any existing company data in your devices has been entirely secured and eliminated. By entrusting your electronics recycling to us, you’ll not only be protecting the environment, but you’ll also be protecting the privacy and security of your company as well.
READ OUR NEWS AND UPDATES
Read our Kick ACE blog to stay up to date on the latest from Adams Cable Equipment! We share industry news, product expertise, and company updates to keep you informed.